Sunday, July 19, 2015

Winter Wonderland

December always brings that magical feeling of Christmas in the air! We had a lot of fun memories in the Winter of 2014, here are some of our favorites:





I absolutely LOVE making gingerbread houses. Every year in college my roommates and I had a gingerbread making party, and Shane and I did it while we were dating. I decided to keep up the tradition and have our own gingerbread house making party! :)
We love our nieces and nephews! Having them over is one of our favorite things to do!


One of our funnest dates so far has been going to the Utah vs. BYU basketball game. We always get funny looks as we are walking/sitting together holding hands, yet Shane is wearing a Utah shirt and me a BYU one haha. We have fun trash talking each others teams. Even though the Utes won, it was a blast! 

The Tolman Family Christmas party is always memorable. My grandma makes it so special every year. It is tradition for her to read a story and give a little present that represents that story. We used to have the party at the cabin in Fairview, which I really miss. But our family is getting to big to do that! I love this picture of grandma and her sister, Aunt Mary Louise. Grandma Tolman has always been such a good example to me! 

We went about 3 months without a couch because I wanted to save up for some nice ones i really liked! We decided to purchase some for Christmas, they actually came on Christmas Eve! I was so excited to finally have a couch! 

Christmas in our new house was a lot of fun! I woke up in the middle of the night to put together Shane's present! It was very heavy so it took a while. Shane woke up while I was downstairs, and he said he panicked and thought I had been kidnapped! haha. Luckily I heard him upstairs, and came up and told him I had forgetton to wrap a few presents for our families. He believed me which made his present a complete surprise! 

Shane had two surprises this Christmas! Brady and Tenille surprised Shane with Rose Bowl tickets! He was pretty excited about that. Brady and Shane both got tickets to go in a couple weeks. 

My favorite Christmas tradition is going to my parents house Christmas morning! I love watching the nieces and nephews open up their presents and having fun with each other. Here is Oaklee, Jaiden, and Jense on Christmas morning at my parents house in Genola. 

 Hayden and my dad on Hayden's new scooter! 
Shane and I Christmas morning! 

 Another fun tradition is going to Shane's parents house Christmas evening. We always do the nativity skit! The guys always come up with the most creative costumes...as you can see;) 

We hadn't had hardly any snow all winter...Christmas morning we woke up to several inches of snow! We definitely got what we wished for...a white Christmas! Here is Shane and Cooper shoveling our driveway the day after Christmas.


Over Christmas break me and my friend Johanna had the chance to go snowshoeing for the first time! We went to Sundance. It was a blast!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment